Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ever think of that!

So I might run out of roommate stories sooner than I thought. I can only think of two more right now. Maybe I am suppressing some of the bad memories, or I just don't have as many as I thought. Maybe it is just partly that even though I have had plenty of bad roommates, some of them I just don't have a particular story about. In fact the one I am going to tell today is more just a weird quirk this girl had. She had a bowl and a spoon that she used for eating all her meals with. That isn't that weird except that she never washed them. She would just rinse them off and put them back in her cupboard. I asked her one time, "What if you have something with garlic and then you have ice cream next?" She said, "Oh, that has happened before." Strangely, she got sick quite often. She always blamed it on me, saying that I kept the house too cold. Every time she said that I just wanted to yell, "MAYBE IT IS THAT BOWL AND SPOON YOU NEVER WASH! EVER THINK OF THAT!"

5 comments:

Erin said...

I think I threw up in my mouth a little...

Angie said...

That story kind of reminds me of one of my roommates. She couldn't bare the thought of any food going to waste so she would always eat food even if it had passed the expiration date or had been in the fridge over a week. Needless to say, the girl got food poisoning all the time. To this day, I throw things out if they are even slightly questionable and will not eat anything that has gone over the expiration date! Sometimes I think when we've had a lot of roommates we should have written it all down back then and turned it all into a book. Your Saturday stories are really bringing back some memories for me!

Natalie said...

Funny that I actually thought about this story like three days ago. The dishes were all clean at my house and the dishwasher completely empty. Then I used a bowl and a spoon and had this thought about how I wished I could just put it back in the cupboard. And it made me think of this story. Needless to say, I put it in the dishwasher- those never ending dishes! ;) I wonder if that girl is married and what she does with her family's dishes? Hummm???????

Lib-Dawg said...

Erin's comment is so funny to me!!! Laughing so hard at her comment and your story! You know I try to suppress my bad roommate stories and just focus on the good...yeah that's going well for me???

Anonymous said...

Your roommate stories are pretty funny. Maybe you will think of some more as you write them down.

Related Posts with Thumbnails