Saturday, April 3, 2010

Pinewood Derby!

Wednesday we had a Pinewood Derby for our ward activity. I borrowed my cousin's nine year old's derby car. He had won all his races with it and was a little reluctant to hand it over to me. I told him that if I won a trophy I would give it to him. That won him over.
We had a pretty good turn out at the derby. There were probably 10 people that brought cars. We had the scale to weigh them and everything. Mine was .2 ounces overweight and there was a little bit of whining from some of the boys about that. There was another girl whose weighed the same as mine. I did feel a little bad about the weight of mine when it kept winning. It came down to me, the girl whose weighed the same as mine and one other guy. To make the last race fair we let him add .2 ounces to his. Mine was still the very clear winner. That's right I won first place at the Pinewood Derby!!
I took the car back to it's owner and handed over the trophy. He was soooo excited! He wanted all the details about how far his car won all it's races by. I think he had decided he was happy he had let me borrow it. I was happy I didn't have to take the time to build my own and I still did that good! :)

4 comments:

Kel said...

Wow! Great job Lisa. Happy Birthday a little late.

Mrs Buchanan said...

It was pretty funny watching the guys in the ward complain. Guys are such poor losers.

Lib-Dawg said...

So, they initially wanted you to build your own derby? Who has time for that...besides boy scouts? Good thing you could just borrow one, and it won so that your cuz could keep the trophy. Was your boyfriend there??? You know who I'm talking about!

P.S. I can't believe you were reading my blog during conference...shame, shame! ;)

Rheanna Bristol said...

Nice! I love that you kicked all those guys' butts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails