Friday, August 23, 2013

More words of wisdom from my nephews.

I know I haven't posted for a long time and I am sure people don't even look at my blog anymore. But I find myself stuck in an airport. (I was flying standby to New York.) So I have some time on my hands. I decided maybe I would document some things that my nephews have said that make me laugh. 
Marshal is now almost 8 and that kid is full of wisdom. One day at 7:01 he said, "Lisa, it has been one hour and one minute." I said, "Since what?"  Marshal: "Since six o'clock. " He always delivers it so matter of fact like I am the moron for not realizing. 
Another day we were heading to Orderville in December via "bear valley". I jokingly told the boys to watch for bears. The older two boys said "Utah has bears?"  Marshal, five at the time and acting like we were all so stupid said, "Bears hibernate in the winter."  
One day when we were in Orderville Marshal asked his mom if she would walk to the cemetery with him. She asked what for and he said "to see the dead people in Orderville." To him it is always so obvious. 
One day his 1 year old sister was playing with a magnetized book. He told her she couldn't play with it. My brother told him to let her play. He then told my brother, "But dad, it could be a choking hazard. It is only for kids 3 and over."  He just wanted to follow the rules. I love that kid. 
His sister Shelayne is going to be a handful! When she was not even two my brother said her name. She didn't even look up from what she wan doing and said, "I can't hear you."  Not even two!
She told me not to long ago, "My mom said to play with your phone." Oh really?
My next story comes from my 5 year old nephew Hogan. I was cutting his hair the other day,
This wasn't the finished product, anyway I was talking to my sister and I said something about if I start having kids. (No I am not dating anyone) Hogan said, "I was just going to ask you." I said, "ask me what?"  Hogan: "If you were going to start having kids soon."  Me: "Well, I need to find a nice guy first. "  Hogan, "You just need to search all over the city....but not the married ones. And if he doesn't have a name just call him George."  If only I would have realized before now to only look at the single ones with no names. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing you document these conversations with your nephews. Ahh, the wisdom!

Related Posts with Thumbnails