Sunday, October 11, 2009

I LOVE FALL!!

I have been thinking a lot lately about how much I love fall! I love the smells, the temperature, and the colors. I love being able to wear my hooded sweatshirts, I have a lot of them.
I remember playing in the leaves at my grandma's house when I was little. I really don't remember them being so scratchy back then.
This isn't the greatest picture I realize but I love the colors up on the "C" mountain. I wish my camera would have taken it better.

My Dad loved pinenuts and every time I smell them roasting it reminds me of him and the fall. I love them too! He always just bought them. A couple years ago was the first time that I had gone out and gathered them myself. My step dad took my Mom and I. He took us again this last Thursday. I have to say that it is a lot of fun! I love being out in the crisp fall air. It is kind of a tedious little job picking the pinenuts off the ground, and not to mention how sore my legs are after crouching or kneeling for so long. But in the end it is worth it because the pinenuts are delicious and I didn't have to pay for them. We found a lot, as you can tell. What a wonderful time of year!



5 comments:

Natalie said...

I've only gone out once to get pinenuts, but I had a great time doing so as well. Oh the childhood memories that fall bring!

Kori said...

I love the pics and love Fall too. I just wish that it would last longer. It seems like it is overtaken by winter way to quickly.

Anonymous said...

I love this post about Fall. The pictures are fun and your comments enhance the feelings and sights of the season. I like the little hand coming out of the pile of leaves.

Julie said...

I am so jealous of all the pine nuts you found. I love them as well. Great post!

Lib-Dawg said...

Look who I stumbled upon. For some reason your blog was really easy to remember "Hair and Now," so clever! Well girl, get ready, I'm a commenter!

Related Posts with Thumbnails